Completion of the application form requires students and parents to read and agree to the NSD rules.
The fee for NSD 2013 Lincoln-Douglas two weeks is $2350 and the fee for Lincoln-Douglas three weeks is $3450. NSD begins accepting applications as soon as dates are announced and stops when full. No applications are accepted after May 8. NSD does not refund payments for any reason.
Directions— Parent and student--read 1—12-- below before you begin.
1. Read the NSD rules.
2. Handwritten applications are not accepted. Complete all sections of the application by typing.
3. Print the application front to back on one piece of paper.
4. Copy the front and back of your medical insurance card and a record of your most recent tetanus immunization on one piece of paper.
5. Write a check made payable to National Symposium for Debate for the full amount.
6. Check your application carefully. Applications with multiple pages or missing signatures, dates, medical documents or payment are not reviewed. (See FAQ.)
7. Send your application page, your medical insurance and tetanus page, and a check for complete payment made payable to National Symposium for Debate to:
Eric M. Palmer
11 Masters Ct. NE
Warren, Ohio 44484
8. Acceptance/rejection letters are mailed within approximately three weeks after a complete application and payment are received. No student is accepted until their payment check has cleared.
9. Students should not make travel arrangements until they have received an acceptance letter.
10. NSD does not provide services for unaccompanied minors. Parents should plan to accompany students who cannot travel alone or arrange travel with another student.
12. Acceptance to NSD will be revoked for any student who does not follow the travel directions.